Rent a room in Malaysia
One of the options of accommodation in Malaysia is rent a room in Malaysia, usually students who want to pay less money for accommodation in Malaysia, prefer to rent a room instead of renting an apartment.
There are two ways to rent a room in Malaysia:
- Renting a room at the universities of Malaysia or renting a room in the student residence: To rent a room at the universities of Malaysia, students who come to Malaysia through our group can inform us before arriving to Malaysia via email, then we will reserve the room you want it.
- Renting a room outside of the university: some students prefer to rent a room outside of the university campus and near the university. In this page we describe how to rent a room outside of the university campus.
There are usually students in Malaysia that rent an apartment (with two bedrooms or three bedrooms) and due to high rent and inability to pay the full cost of an apartment, they lease one or two rooms of it to other students in an agreement. Students who want to rent a room in Malaysia, after arriving in Malaysia, they can refer to apartments near the university, if someone has a private room for rent, he places ads of the rental room along with terms and monthly rental fee and contact number of the renter at the supermarket of building, office of building management or at the front door of the building, and you can see the room by contacting and necessary coordination and if you confirm you can rent it.
One of the main problems to rent rooms in Malaysia, especially for new students is that people who live in that apartment because of unfamiliarity with the system of their working and life personal problems may be created in the future. For this reason, usually students prefer to consider further fee at the first entry and rent a full apartment, and then they take housemate from their classmates and friends and acquaintances; or in the first months of living in Malaysia they take a room at University dormitories and after getting familiar with the other students in the class or dorms, 2 or 3 people together rent an apartment near the university.
Rooms in apartments of Malaysia are generally in three categories:
- Small Room: furnished, depending on the facilities and location of the apartment is almost 350 to 600 ringgit in a month.
- Medium Room: furnished, depending on the facilities and location of the apartment is almost 450 to 900 ringgit in a month.
- Big Room or Master Room: furnished, depending on the facilities and location of the apartment is almost 700 to 1400 ringgit in a month. Each apartment has approximately 2 bathrooms and toilets, one of which is dedicated to the big room and the other is used jointly by small and medium rooms. Dining room and kitchen are considered jointly for 3 people.
Hint and tips for renting rooms in Malaysia:
Another way to rent a room in Malaysia is using the popular site of IBILIK; almost all students in Malaysia know this website and everyone in Malaysia has a room for rent inserts its room rental ad with room conditions as well as the monthly rental fee on the site. By visiting this site you can see easily the rooms available for rent in each area of Malaysia. The IBILIK site address in Malaysia for renting rooms: www.ibilik.my
Bilik is a Malay word meaning room.